One my hubby knew about was left alone in a car with the family dog at a ferry terminal. The dog who was on leash in the car, leaped out the window and was hanging by his leash, choking. The parrot kept yelling, "Help! Help!" until someone came and rescued the dog.
They are some of most colourful birds in the world as well, sporting brilliant hues of reds, blues, yellows, oranges and greens!
Which brings us to this week's As You See It Challenge, designed by the lovely and talented Amanda Turner!
Gorgeous fall colours, but my card has a kind of summery look to it, perhaps in denial that summer is well over now!
- In a city a couple of hours north of us, Kamloops, they have a little stretch of road known as the Marigold Mile. Although it isn't even close to a mile, it is planted profusely with bright orange marigolds and that's what I was thinking when I watercoloured the orange and yellow flowers from Secret Garden.
- The white lily just kind of wandered lost onto the Marigold Mile and stuck out like a sore thumb! I used an aqua painter, and our challenge colour ink pads to do the watercolouring: Crushed Curry; Pumpkin Pie and Gumball Green.
- The Crushed Curry DSP is from Sweater Weather. The more closely I look at all the designs in that series the more I love them. This one just sets up the cheeriness of this card.
- I haven't used Gumball Green in forever. Nice to get a chance to use this lovely stitched satin ribbon again for the second time in a week! (See this post.)
- Let's hear it for framelits! Hip! Hip! Hooray! It's so easy now to find perfectly coordinated mattes for all the basic shapes now. You just have to pick the framelit next larger in size. That's how I created the Pumpkin Pie matte for the image oval.
- And while we're cheering, let's hear another for Candy Dots!! If your project needs a little somethin' somethin' after it's all put together, no need to tear it apart to add brads, just pop off one or three candy dots in the appropriate colour and add. No mess, no fuss!
Okay, there you have it! And isn't it Friday today? Another cheer for Friday! Woo hoo! Have a great weekend!
Stamps:Secret Garden (w131940; c129144); Express Yourself *(w130336; c130339)
Paper: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (132184); Watercolour Paper (122959); Pumpkin Pie (105117) and Very Vanilla (101650) cardstock
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (101406); Classic Stampin' Pads in Pumpkin Pie (), Crushed Curry () and Gumball Green (); Stampin' Write Markers in Pumpkin Pie (105115), Crushed Curry (131262 as part of the Regals Collection) and Gumball Green (126856 as part of the 2012 - 14 In Colour Collection)
Accessories: 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Gumball Green (126848); Brights Collection Candy Dots (130931)
Tools: Aqua Painter (103954); Ovals Collection Framelits (129381), Secret Garden Framelits (129372)
*Hostess Only stamp set
Secret Garden Framelits
Secret Garden Stamp Set
Sweater Weather DSP
StazOn Jet Black
Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon
Ovals Collection Framelits