And in case you think that photobombing is just a random, spur of the moment action, I found multiple websites that teach you proper techniques!!
Here are a few technique samples:
Accidental On-Screen Photobomb
Different background techniques keep life interesting for us as papercrafters, and usually the techniques produce beautiful and occasionally fascinating results. Sometimes you gotta wonder though, "How on earth did they ever figure this out? What happy accident in the craft room produced this result?"
I tried a new-to-me technique for a card for the Dynamic Duos Challenge #72 , Get Your Pink On! Here's the challenge:
This is my take on the challenge:
- Although this Faux Pearl technique is new to me, I believe its been around for awhile. It uses Frost White Shimmer Paint, which, though retired, is still available on the Clearance Rack.
- I stamped the background flourish from Creative Elements in Blushing Bride. Then I stamped the flower from the same set in Primrose Petals, all on Whisper White cardstock.
- I put some Frost White Shimmer paint in an aluminum pie plate, scrunched up some cellophane wrap and dipped it in, then stamped on the paper.
- I used the Heat Tool on the low setting and dried the paint.
- I inked up my brayer in Blushing Bride ink and rolled it over the paper, It nicely brought out the shiny Shimmer paint and made it look like mother of pearl.
- I'm getting a lot of mileage out of the Lots of Thanks stamp set these days, and the Apothecary Accents Framelits.
- I've been missing Primrose Petals and the beautiful Stitched Satin Ribbon that goes along with it, so I was glad that the Design Team at Dynamic Duos gave me an opportunity to dig it out and use it again.
So have a happy Monday, and just remember, even though you're back to work....Castle is on TV tonight!
Castle Photo Bomb!
Stamps: Creative Elements (w128523; c122647); Lots of Thanks (w129687; c129690)
Paper: Subtles Designer Series Paper Stacks (130135); Primrose Petals (126841), Blushing Bride (131198) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (101406); Classic Stampin' Pads in Primrose Petals (126858) and Blushing Bride (131172)
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint *(116854); 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Primrose Petals (126844); Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
Tools: Brayer (102395); Plastic Wrap; Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003); Heat Tool (129053)
*On the Clearance Rack, only available while supplies last
Apothecary Accents Framelits
Creative Elements Stamp Set
Pearl Basic Jewels
Primrose Petals 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
Subtles Designer Series Paper Stacks
Lots of Thanks Stamp Set