But, creating the card for the challenge didn't feel awkward at all. I've been seeing the Joyful Christmas poinsettias all over the place, and especially embossed on vellum and I've been dying to try it. I can't even tell you where I got the idea, since virtually everyone has done one! (Remember when I predicted that it would be one of the top stamp sets from the Holiday catalogue?) The vellum poinsettia just seemed to perfectly fit this challenge. Here's my card:
- This is basically a simple card except for fussy cutting the poinsettia. Basic Black card base, Whisper White background, strip of Silver Glimmer paper, Black Taffeta Ribbon and a sentiment from the same stamp set as the poinsettia, Joyful Christmas!
- I stamped the flower in VersaMark ink twice on White Vellum Cardstock, then heat embossed it using Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.
- I cut out one poinsettia leaving it intact for the base, and then cut out the small middle petals of the other and mounted it on the base flower using a Dimensional.
- The leftover large petals were then cut out in twos and added to the bottom of the base flower using glue dots, just to increase the fullness.
- I stamped the sentiment, from Joyful Christmas, in StazOn Jet Black. Here's a tip for stamping you sentiment right on the panel as opposed to stamping it on a separate piece and adding it to the to panel: Do a test stamp on scrap paper to see if the sentiment is mounted straight. This one was just a hair crooked, so I was able to make up for that when I stamped right on the panel.
- The poinsettia's center is a mixture of Basic Black Candy Dots and Rhinestones for some added bling.
I really like the outcome of today's stamping adventure, unlike my first formal date! Hope you do, too! Leave me a comment telling me about your first formal date! Was it great or a disaster like mine?
Here are my supplies:
- Joyful Christmas Wood-Mount Stamp Set
- Joyful Christmas Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Basic Black 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Silver Glimmer Paper
- Basic Black 3/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon (retired)
- Versamark Pad
- Jet Black StazOn Pad
- Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Heat Tool
- White Vellum 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Paper Snips
- Neutrals Candy Dots
- Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents