Now, what you need to know is the The Paper Players' Challenge #170 is to use wildlife in your card.
As soon as I saw the fox on the Challenge sketch, the idea hit me. The stamp set Storybook Friends has a great fox image carrying a banner, and then I went crazy! Here's my card:
- Even though all of this is in fun, there are some serious techniques used here. I did some sponging and masking of the background and I used repeated stamping without reinking to create depth in the background forest and give a mist effect (See video). And this is my first starburst background as well.
- I used Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Midnight Muse and Basic Black as I sponged from lightest to darkest.
- I used a torn post-it note and sponged Midnight Muse and Basic Black to create ground levels.
- Do we have a stamp that says "What does the Fox say?" No, but I created a banner in My Digital Studio, cut it out and mounted it on my project.
- To create the starburst effect, I took a sheet of silver foil cut to the same dimensions as the background panel. I decided where my focal point would be and then, on the back of the foil, used the smallest of the Circles Collection Framelits to trace a small circle around the focal point. I then drew lines from an edge right through the focal point to a spot on the other side of the card. I cut out every other ray to form this design.
- The fox is from Storybook Friends and I stamped him in StazOn Jet Black, then sponged some Cajun Craze on him and touched up the details with Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Marker. Then I hand cut him out and popped him up on dimensionals.
- And here's how I made this card into a usable birthday card! This inside panel uses the Deco Label Collection Framelits and another fox image from Storybook Friends, just making use of his head. I printed a second banner from MDS to cut and adhere to this page and the Happy Birthday sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners stamp set.
It's crazy the way some things go viral for no discernible reason! Maybe because they are so random and people are willing to look silly. Anyway, I hope you got a chuckle out of this post!
Hey, guess what?? Weekly Deals continue in November! Here's this week's loot:
Stamps: Storybook Friends (w132079; c126737); Itty Bitty Banners (w132022; c126257); Lovely as a Tree (w128655; c127793)
Paper: Silver Foil Sheets (132178); Island Indigo (122923), Basic Black (121045) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (101406); Classic Stampin' Pads in Daffodil Delight (126944), Bermuda Bay (131171), Pacific Point (126951), Midnight Muse (126860),Basic Black (126980) and Cajun Craze (126965); Stampin' Write Marker in Cajun Craze (131262, as part of the Regals Collection)
Tools: Stamping Sponges (101610); My Digital Studio software (130646); Deco Labels Framelits (130102); Circles Collection Framelits (130911); Paper Snips (103579)
Circles Collection Framelits
Deco Labels Framelits
Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set
Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set
StazOn Jet Black Inkpad
Silver Foil Sheets
Storybook Friends Stamp Set