I had great fun designing mine:
- I finally was able to break open my Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stacks and use this beautiful distressed polka dot paper in Coastal Cabana. These Paper Stack are a great deal. For $8.50 (CAD) you get 48 sheets of double-sided paper - 4 each of 12 double-sided designs. The sheets are 4 1/2" x 6 1/2"- plenty for a card front with a little trimming, or use them full sized and make your own envelope. The colours used are Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Real Red and Whisper White, and you can see I've used them all here.
- I used Banner Blast and Hearts a Flutter for all the garland pieces and See Ya Later for the sentiment. I used the rounded banner stamp for the half circles, but punched out a 1" circle with the 1" Circle Punch and cut it in half.
- I wanted to sew the garlands, but wasn't sure how I would feed the little pieces through the sewing machine and keep them aligned. I came up with a brilliant (okay, maybe just clever) solution. I used a tiny bit of snail to adhere each piece on an arc pencilled on a piece of paper. (The arc matches the arc of the doily.) I made sure each piece overlapped slightly. I sewed them right to the paper and then I cut the paper away behind them. The little bit of Snail on the backs helped to adhere each garland to the card front. Whaddya think?
- The flag garland was stamped using Banner Blast stamps and punched with the Banner Punch. Banner Blast and the Banner Punch are both Sale-A-Bration items. You can earn either with a $60 minimum order before tax and shipping all during Sale-A-Bration, which ends March 31st!
- I added a Tea Lace Paper Doily, some Designer buttons and an In Colour Boutique Detail in Coastal Cabana!
So get out your paper and stamps and embellishments and give this week's sketch a try! You'll get plenty of positive reinforcement and it's a chance to show off a little. Don't be intimidated. Stampers are the most encouraging and positive people I know and we all remember when we were just starting out! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in that creative brain of yours.
To purchase any of the products listed below used to make this project, simply click on the links which will take you directly to my On-Line Stampin' Up! Store, where you can view the products and make a purchase if you like. You can have it delivered right to your door!
- See Ya Later Wood-Mount Stamp Set
- See Ya Later Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Hearts A Flutter
- Hearts A Flutter Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Banner Blast Wood-Mount Stamp Set
- Banner Blast Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Coastal Cabana 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Jet Black StazOn Pad
- Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad
- Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
- Tea Lace Paper Doilies
- Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies
- 1 Inch Circle Punch
- Banner Punch
- Regals Designer Buttons
- Neutrals Designer Buttons
- In Color Boutique Details