I struggled a bit with this one at first, but it really doesn't leave much to your imagination and once I had an idea, it was really a lot of fun to play with. I hope you'll give it a try as well. If you've never played a challenge before, you'll find it a really positive experience. Design Team members will leave encouraging comments on your site and you'll grow as you try new techniques and designs.
Here's what I came up with:
- Because there were a lot of circles involved, I got out my punches. I wanted to create some levels on the card so some circles were punched right through to the inside of the card.
- I used some Kaleidoscope DSP on the inside so it would show throw the cut outs. I really like that design and I think it coordinates well with the Geometrical Stamp set that I used for the sentiment.
- The Geometrical set was also used for the arrows which I stamped and hand cut with Paper Snips.
- With this view, you can see better the levels on the card. I used the Small Heart punch to create the hearts and heart-shaped holes. The hearts are kind of like Timbits! Does anyone in the States have Tim Horton's, or is that just in Canada? Timbits are like the deep-fried doughnut batter that "comes out of the middle of the doughnut".
- The ticket is stamped in Strawberry Slush and punched with the Ticket Duo Punch!
- I struggled with the solid areas on the sentiment. I stamped them about 4 times with StazOn Jet Black. I had some trouble getting solid coverage. Usually, when you clean your stamp well before using it the first time, it removes the film that can cause this problem. I probably need to reink, although it seemed juicy enough to the eye. (And my klutzy fingers! lol) After the fourth time, I got out my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker and my blender pen. I added some ink to a clear mount block with the marker and used the blender pen to fill in the areas that needed more saturation and it worked well. Give that technique a try next time you have coverage problems.
Thanks for stopping by today. Must go prep for a class! Ta ta for now.
To purchase any of the products listed below used to make this project, simply click on the links which will take you directly to my On-Line Stampin' Up! Store, where you can view the products and make a purchase if you like. You can have it delivered right to your door!
- Geometrical [wood]
- Geometrical [clear]
- That's The Ticket
- That's The Ticket Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper
- Crumb Cake 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Crushed Curry 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Bermuda Bay 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Strawberry Slush 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Basic Black 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad
- Jet Black StazOn Pad
- Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
- Blender Pens
- 1-3/4 Inch Circle Punch
- 1-1/4 Inch Circle Punch
- 1 Inch Circle Punch
- 3/4 Inch Circle Punch
- Small Heart Punch
- Calypso Coral Baker's Twine