To me, cardinals mean Christmas! The rich red of their plumage contrasted with the green of the fir branches they often perch on and the brown of the cones create a traditional Christmas combination. And then there is that crest on their head. It gives them such an air of ceremony!
I can't believe that I haven't inked up my Beauty of the Season stamp set until now, with it's cardinal image. It was the perfect opportunity to use the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities. For my layout, I decided to go with the Mojo Monday Sketch #370.
- The main image from Beauty of the Season was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Whisper White cardstock. I then used my Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake Assortments of Stampin' Blendabilities to colour in the image.
- The background DSP is from the Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper. I quite like the Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Soft Sky and Cherry Cobbler palette. It's a mix of cool and warm colours that definitely has a seasonal feel.
- I love the way the Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon creates the flag in the sketch, but you can see through it to the branches and berries beneath.
- Do you notice the little bow on the upper branch? You're right, we don't have Cherry Cobbler 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. It is actually Real Red, but I wanted a tiny bow made of Cherry Cobbler ribbon. So, I took the medium shade of Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities to it and Voila!
- While I was at it, I also used the same shade of Cherry Cobbler on some small and medium pearls for the berries on the upper branch!
- The sentiment is from Good Greetings. Unfortunately, that promotion is now over but it looks like you can still order it.
Tuesday is time for some new...
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!Product List