Day Number Two in a Week of Tags features the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper. I decided to make a little tag holder because I will have a table at a local craft fair this Friday and I will be able to sell the tags in sets of six using the little boxes to hold them. These tags are perfect for children's gifts, but are whimsical enough to use on adult gifts as well.
- I used the teddy bear, the Santa Claus and the reindeer, but the gingerbread cookie and the inuit child would work just as well.
- The holder was a snap to make with the Baker's Box Thinlit dies, except I didn't do any of the folds for the top I just left it all standing upright. That gave me the height I needed for the tags and left it open so I could put the tags in it. The score lines are all covered up with the paper. I made one like this for the tags I featured on Monday as well.
Let's take a look at each tag separately:
- Rudolph was stamped on Crumb Cake with Early Espresso Ink, except the Early Espresso was removed from his nose with a Qtip and it was coloured in with a Real Red Stampin' Right Marker. The ears were coloured in after stamping.
- The sentiment from Tin of Tags was stamped on Whisper White and hand cut around the letters before mounting on the tag.
- The Stitched Shapes framelits were put to good use on these tags and they fit so well with the Layering Circle Framelits. Unfortunately, they are on backorder until Nov. 28, but then there will be lots more available until the end of the year.
- Love the Real Red Stitched Satin Ribbon used here for the bow and the ribbon at the top!
- Santa in all his glittering glory adorns this tag. Hard to see the clear Wink of Stella that gives his beard and white trim, buckle and the crease on his boots a little extra pizzazz, but let me assure you, in real life, he sparkles!
- The sentiment from the Christmas Pines stamp set is stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Real Red Glitter Stampin' Emboss Powder for some more sparkle!
- Again, the Stitched Shape Framelits add an extra element to the design and look how perfectly they coordinate with the scallop framelits from the Layering Ovals framelits.
- The ribbon is the gorgeous Real Red 3/4" Stitched Edge Ribbon! I really like the little bow of Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine with the Mini Jingle Bells on it.
- Instead of stamping and punching out the teddy bear like I did with the Santa and the reindeer, using the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, because I stamped the ears right on the teddy bear, I had to fussy cut the little guy by hand. I was able to use the punch to punch his bow, though.
- I love the new design for the Delicate White Doilies, and they make a perfect backdrop for a teddy bear, along with some loops of the Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine.
- The sentiment is from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and it just fits inside the Classic Label Punch which in turn, just fits inside the scallops in the 3/4" Stitched Edge Ribbon which makes a perfect backing for it.
Don't forget the we still have the promotion for 25% off stamp sets that coordinate with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Even though the framelits are backordered, you can still get the deal on the stamp sets! Here are the ones that are on sale:
Text me or email me to let me know what you would like to order. Good until the end of November.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.