Well today, I have a "Blue Challenge" for you! That means I'm showing you a card for the same Challenge Blog twice in one week. If you remember, I squeaked in for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge just hours before it closed. Well, now there is a new challenge up on that blog and I completed a card for the new colour challenge that I wanted to show you.
Here's the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge #171 challenge:
Mmmm! Love those colours together and I bet you can guess what style of card I made, can't you! Did you guess vintage?
- This is definitely partially vintage because of the requisite French script and the sponging and soft colours, but there is no edge distressing, because, frankly, I just get tired of scratching and ripping paper all the time, and I love those clean edges. Besides, when vintage cards were new there were no torn edges. (I guess there were no water stains or yellowed papers either, but then it wouldn't be in any way vintage, would it?)
- The only Calypso Coral ribbon Stampin' Up sells is the wide Chevron ribbon and it was just too wide and modern looking to complement this card, so I did what I did yesterday and dyed some Whisper White Taffeta ribbon by making a Calypso Coral spritzer with 70% alcohol and a few drops of Calypso Coral Reinker!! A few spritzes and it is dyed and a few seconds and it's dried and ready to use.
- The stamp sets I used were Lovely Romance, En Francais for the background, Wetlands for the sentiment and Gorgeous Grunge for the water mark.
- The Design Series Paper is from the Et Cetera series. I love the vintage look of it!
- Do you notice the little peak of Victoria Crochet Trim from beneath the dyed Calypso Coral ribbon on top.
- And no vintage card would be complete without some Pearl Basic Jewels!
Now here's the great part: I also finally got a Mojo Monday #310 card completed - same one! Here's the sketch for that one:
Finally!! It took me all week to get around to that one! I really like the elegance of this sketch and it also lent itself nicely to a vintage design!
And now you know what a "Blue Challenge" means! Aren't you glad you dropped by today? (Actually, I just made that term up!)
Stamps: Lovely Romance (w130264; c130267); En Francais (w128562; c127790), Wetlands (w126695; c126697) and Gorgeous Grunge (w130514; c130517)
Paper: Et Cetera DSP (130129), Baked Brown Sugar (131296), Calypso Coral (122925) and Very Vanilla (101650) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Calypso Coral (126983) and Baked Brown Sugar (131174) and Calypso Coral Ink Refill(122934)
Accessories: Pearl Basic Jewels (119247); Victoria Crochet Trim (118481); Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (109070)
Tools: Stamping Sponges (101610); Stampin' Spritzer (126185)