- As you can see, I used Winter Frost Designer Series Paper to cover the top and sides of the box. What you can't see is that I used the Smoky Slate 12 x 12 Textured Cardstock to cover the bottom and back of the box.
- I wanted to maintain the way the box closes, so I traced the sides and cut them out of the DSP to fit the shape of the flaps. Everything was adhered with either Sticky Strip or Tombo Multipurpose glue.\
- I used the Northern Flurries Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to add the snowflake design on the strip of Coastal Cabana on the top.
- Have you had a chance to play with the Gift Box Bigz L die? It creates some beautiful paper bows that look especially nice when you use the Silver Foil sheet to make them.
- Do you recognize the embellishment on the front? It's one of the Festive Flurry Ornaments from the kit of the same name. They are so versatile! I told you they were. Remember? If you follow that link you'll find a video tutorial on how to assemble them.
Anyway, my box was the first chosen, so I guess Paper Pumpkin and the Festive Flurry Ornament Kit did the trick. By the way, the gift that I ended up with after my turn was done (there may or may not have been some stealing involved) was a beautiful piece of wall art stamped by the lovely Kristin Noble, one of the Kaleidoscope demos. I wanted to share a photo of it because I love what she'd done, but also because I wasn't the only one who really wanted that gift and the others wanted to case her wonderful design.
Amazing, no? Leave a comment for Kristin to let her know how beautiful this project it!
Let me remind you that there are only two days left in Stampin' Up!'s great Holiday Sale! I don't want to have to disappoint you with news that you were too late for all those amazing price reductions! I want to let you in on a little secret here - tomorrow, the last day of the sale - there are going to be some surprise 24 hour deals. This is so hush hush that I don't even know what they are, but I know they will be incredible! Visit my blog tomorrow for all the details!
Here are the supplies used to upcycle the Paper Pumpkin box. Just click on each link to take you to my On-Line Stampin' Up! Store for more information or to order:
- Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Smoky Slate 12" X 12" Textured Card Stock
- Coastal Cabana 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Festive Flurry Ornament Kit
- Silver Foil Sheets
- Gift Bow Bigz L Die
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
- Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die
- Sticky Strip
- Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive