First, here is the Mojo Monday sketch:
And this is my take on the sketch:
- I've been seeing a lot of "Shaker Cards" on Pinterest lately and I've had Stampin' Up!'s Shaker Frames for ages without using them, so I thought I would add some Valentine confetti to a shaker frame, as you can see in the photo.
- It was also my first time using the Hardwood Background stamp. It's definitely a keeper. The image contributes to the masculine characteristics of my card. Here it is stamped in Crumb Cake ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.
- The small piece of DSP you see here is from the Kaleidoscope DSP collection, again a masculine component of the card.
- The familiar 1 1/4" Burlap ribbon used here was first seen in our Holiday Catalogue and has been continued in the Occasions Catalogue. I'm so happy because I love the look and texture of burlap. (Uh...but only on cards. I wouldn't want to have to wear burlap underwear!! Let's be perfectly clear about that!) On top of it, you see a new ribbon from the Occasions cattie. It's Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon. It has the same optical illusion found in the larger chevron ribbons, but that disappears when you interrupt the length of ribbon with an object such as the shaker frame.
- I used the Circle Collection Framelit Dies to create the Shaker Frame. I cut the 2 3/4" circle, which is the fifth largest die, from Strawberry Slush cardstock. I cut two of the next smallest circles (2 3/8") and adhered one to the Strawberry Slush circle and punched out the center of the other with the 1 3/4" Circle punch. I used that one to place on top of the Shaker frame to hide the foam from the frame.
- I used the 1 7/8" circle framelit die to cut out a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, which I stamped in Strawberry Slush with the Hearts a Flutter image, and a piece of Window Sheet. These formed the front and the back of the Shaker Frame. Before adding the window sheet on the front, I filled the frame with confetti, punched using the Small Heart punch and the even smaller heart from the Owl Builder punch.
- The love sentiment is one of the Expressions Thinlit dies and it cut the word out so easily, I didn't even need to use wax paper between the die and the cardstock. The Strawberry Slush colour is the one part that makes the card more gender neutral but it is a shade that most guys would like and feel comfortable with, I think.
So, lots involved in that card. Hope you got it all straight. Leave me a comment if you have any questions. I'm thinking I will need to do a video on Shaker Frames soon.
To purchase the following products, used in today's sample just click on the product which will take you directly to my On-Line Store, available 24/7.
- Hearts A Flutter Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Hearts A Flutter
- Hardwood [wood]
- Hardwood [clear]
- Early Espresso 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper
- Strawberry Slush 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Crumb Cake 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Window Sheets
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad
- Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad
- Shaker Frames
- 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon
- Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon
- Circles Collection Framelits Dies
- 1-3/4 Inch Circle Punch
- Small Heart Punch
- Owl Punch
- Expressions Thinlits Dies