This week's Paper Player's sketch challenge is great! I love the balance and the design elements in this sketch, and since I am at my daughter's house about to celebrate her birthday, I decided to use it as the layout for her birthday card! She loves all things autumn, and she does some amazing watercolours of whimsical forest animals, so I thought she would like the images in the new stamp set, Thankful Forest Friends.
Here's the challenge sketch:
Isn't that eye-pleasing? Thanks, Claire Broadwater, for your design skills! Here's what I did with it:
- I really like this colour palette. Cajun Craze, Island Indigo and Delightful Dijon give a very folktale looking design which is perfect for the Thankful Forest Friends stamp set. Don't you love that little fox?
|Cajun Craze Island Indigo Delightful Dijon|
- I've had Sassy Salutations for quite some time now, but you know, I don't think I've ever used it before and I have no idea why. It's perfect for the folk feel of this card, with it's stylized lettering.
- As always, I love the Kraft Corrugated Paper. The texture adds so much dimension to a papercraft project! And the kraft colour adds a much needed neutral as well.
- The 2015 - 17 In Colour Envelope Paper gave me the option for adding the Delightful Dijon in a Designer Series Paper. Do you recognize parts of the Mini Treat Bag thinlits that I used to die cut the panel? I also used one of the thinlits to die cut the heart border.
- The Into the Woods Elements with a little bow of Linen Thread make a super embellishment for this design.
I hope my daughter will like this. She has a raging Etsy business called The Honey Bee Paperie. Here are some samples of her work:
Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with another As You See It Challenge.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!