Tonight and tomorrow night I will be hosting my Technique Night/Stamp Club Christmas Party. We won't be doing as many projects as usual, to leave time for games,eating, prizes and visiting. We will, however be creating some tags and a Thank You card to help get us ready for Christmas. I wanted to show you the tags today.
One is a collage-stamped vintage look tag and one is more bright and merry, but I'm really pleased how both turned out.
- You know I love collage stamping and this tag has a lot of it. I used 5 stamp sets to make it happen: Cozy Christmas, Wonderland, Butterfly Basics, Gorgeous Grunge and Awesomely Artistic. I used 3 neutral inks: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pads, (the Soft Suede just for a little sponging) and some Whisper White Craft Ink as well.
- Layered ribbon helps to make a vintage look and here I've used Sahara Sand Lace Trim, Venetian Crochet Trim and Crumb Cake Stitched Satin Ribbon.
- I've added the number 25 at the top, die cut with the Little Numbers Thinlit dies and a snowflake element, which has been backordered for so long. I hope they catch up soon.
- This is a more stylized design featuring Merry Moments DSP and the Lots of Joy stamp set.
- I've used Old Olive, Real Red and Mossy Meadow for the colour scheme and I took this opportunity to use up lots of fancy Christmas ribbon, using the White Glitter Ribbon and the 1/8" Striped Ribbon to edge the Designer Series Paper.
- The plaid tree is stamped with the image from Lots of Joy and punched out with the Tree Punch. I've added a Winter Wonderland Embellishment for interest, locating it in the center of one of the designs on the paper.
- I made the basic shape of both tags by cutting the paper so it just fits inside the largest Lots of Labels Framelit and added the hole slot from the Baker's Box Thinlit Dies. I ran just the top back and forth through the Big Shot to get the scalloped top.
Have a great day!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!