As soon as I saw the sketch for As You See It Challenges 004, I knew what I wanted to do with it. I wanted to use the Festive Flurry Stamp Set and Framelits to create snowflakes for the trio on the middle panel.
- Look at that gorgeous specialty designer series paper - Winter Frost! I've been dying to use one of the foil sheets ever since I saw them - and reluctant at the same time because there's only one sheet of each design in the pack!
- The rectangular strip is also from Winter Frost Specialty DSP, but it is not one of the foil designs. Very pretty, nonetheless!
- I stamped the smallest snowflake from Festive Flurries 6 times - 3 in Coastal Cabana and 3 in Encore Silver Metallic Ink. I die cut them with the smallest Festive Flurries framelit. Then I fussy cut the small star shape in the center of the Coastal Cabana flakes and the small hexagon shape from the middle of the Silver Metallic flakes*. I could do this because the centers are covered by the shapes as they are mounted on top of each other.
- I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the various layers on the snowflakes, but on the small star shape I added two dimensionals, one on top of the other, because of the holes cut in the large snowflakes middles. *See above.
- The ribbon bordering the center strip of DSP is the 1/8" Silver Ribbon from the Holiday Catalogue! So pretty and sparkly!
- The sentiment is from a carry-over set from last year called More Merry Messages. It's not in the catalogue but if you search in the Stampin' Up On-Line store, you can find it. I've stamped it in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder!
- Adding some Rhinestone Basic Jewels gives one last sparkle to the whole project!
Stamps: Festive Flurries (w131778; c131781); More Merry Messages (w126400; c126402)
Paper: Winter Frost Specialty Design Series Paper (132341); Coastal Cabana (131297), Island Indigo (122923) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Coastal Cabana (131175); VersaMark Ink (102283); Encore Silver Metallic Pad (132142)
Accessories: Silver 1/8" Ribbon (132137); Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (109131); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
Tools: Festive Flurries Framelits (132193); Modern Label Punch (119849); Heat Tool (129053)
Festive Flurries Stamps and Framelits (also available as a bundle)
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Winter Frost Specialty Design Series Paper
Silver Encore Metallic Ink Pad
Silver 1/8" Ribbon