I was excited to work with this sketch by Nicole Watt because it's so unique! I knew the two jaunty-angled pieces would be tags using the Angled Tag Topper Punch. I just needed a colour scheme. I found this one on Pinterest again:
So I decided to go with a sea glass look and a beach theme. Here's how it turned out:
- The closest I could come to the colours on the Pinterest palette were Sahara Sand, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise. It definitely looks beachy! I wish we had a lighter yellow to use. Maybe one of the new In Colours???
- The Sahara Sand background is created with the Hardwood stamp inked in Sahara Sand on cardstock of the same colour! I was thinking beach fence or driftwood here.
- The starfish and sand dollar come from the stamp set, By the Seashore. The texture is just right for this card. I used Coastal Cabana and Sahara Sand to stamp them and hand cut them. The starfish is popped up on Dimensionals.
- The tags are created with the Angled Tag Topper punch and I used So Saffron cardstock and Tempting Turquoise DSP from the Brights Collection Designer Series Paper Stack. The sentiment is from Perfect Pennants and is stamped in Tempting Turquoise.
- The ribbon separating the Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana strips at the bottom is So Saffron 3/8" Taffeta which is actually retired, but was the only one that would do the job right! So I gave it a come-back.
- Candy dots in Sahara Sand and Tempting Turquoise added a little more interest to the overly-plain areas and gave the card design balance.
This is actually quite an easy card to complete, so feel free to give it a try!
Now, on to the Weekly Deals!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!