Hi, welcome back! I have a new background technique to share with you today! It's one that all my Kaleidoscope Stampers friends are using and it is a fun and unique way to create a pretty awesome background for your cards. I don't know if it has a name, but we got the idea from Margaret Raburn, and we are calling it the Sponge and Spritz Embossing Folder Stamping technique. (or at least, that's what I'm calling it.)
Basically you sponge different colours of ink on one side of your embossing folder, spritz it with water until the colours puddle a bit and then press your watercolour paper or Shimmer White paper onto the side of the embossing folder and press it with your hand. You don't have to run it through the Big Shot. The embossing folder is acting like a stamp. I used Shimmer White paper, but you can't see the sparkle in the photograph unfortunately. Here's what my background looked like before I add the other elements.
- I used Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant as my ink colours for this card to mirror my layers of Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant cardstock.
- The embossing folder I used is the Modern Mosaic folder because it has good contained areas to hold the puddles ink that form when you spritz it with water.
- The Mosaic Madness stamp set is a perfect match for the background and I stamped the little mosaic quatrefoils in Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant. I used the Mosaic Punch to punch out the little shapes.
- The sentiment is from the Yippee Skippee stamp set and I inked it up using Bermuda Bay and Elegant Eggplant Stampin' Write Markers.
- The banners were cut with the Banners Framelits Dies. and arranged as you see them.
- The quatrefoils were adorned with some Rhinestone Basic Jewels colored with Blendabilities markers!
And now for the.... Weekly Deals!!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!