One of the retiring products that I'm really going to miss is the Brushed Gold cardstock. It adds such an air of elegance to any card, especially when paired with Basic Black cardstock! As I was preparing for my All Occasions Stamper's Dozen, I wanted to create a Congratulations card that would be able to be used for a male. I was specifically thinking of a Graduation Card, but since not all of my attendees might have a Grad in their lives this year, I wanted to be able to make it a generic Congratulations card that would be useful for all sorts of occasions, but with the same colours and layout, so my customers could choose the sentiments and images.
The image above is the generic card and this next one has the graduation theme:
- The Brushed Gold cardstock is dry embossed using the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, again a very classic look.
- The sentiments are from two different stamp sets. The Congratulations is from Guy Greetings (as is the Hats Off to You in the top photo). The Class of 2015 is from a single stamp set called - you guessed it - Class of 2015! All the sentiments and images are heat embossed in either Black or Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. The single stamp Class of 2015 is embossed using both black and gold. That was a bit tricky to achieve, but basically I stamped the image with Versamark Ink then covered up the 2015 part with a scrap of cardstock and sprinkled on the Black Stampin' Emboss Powder. After tapping it off, I removed the scrap and sprinkled on the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder on the lower half of the sentiment only. Because the black image was already fully covered in the black powder, the gold powder didn't really stick to any of those areas, and I was able to heat set it just as is.
- I stamped and embossed the Congratulations after that.
- The hats in this image are from Guy Greetings and are embossed in Black Stampin' Emboss Powder.
- A thin strip of 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta ribbon finishes the front panel on both cards.
This is a very easy card to do, except for the multiple embossing of the one image, but you can see how easy it is to create a dignified, classic congratulations card for someone!
You might want to stock up on the Brushed Gold and Brushed Silver cardstock as well as the Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon before they are gone for good (June 2) or the supply runs out. Email me with your order or go online anytime to my On-Line Store. (*Oops! Sorry! Update: Brushed Gold is now sold out!! You really have to act quickly!)
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card today!
* Sold out