When my kids were still at home, I would often try to use left-overs from roasts and chickens and pasta meals for subsequent meals, but I could only get away with it on a limited basis before the cry would arise, "Leftovers again??!!!" followed by a groan of gargantuan proportions! But it was a real money saver to be thrifty with our food, and well worth the effort and the complaints!
Right now, you may have bits and pieces of left-over DSP and cardstock and they just sit there and never get used and the pile just builds. It doesn't have to be that way. In fact, if you purposefully look at using them up you can create all kinds of useful and beautiful things.
I always have a need for Thank You cards, as I try to include one with every order I deliver. I used to create 3 x 3 cards, but have since started using our Note Cards & Envelopes for the job, and that is what I've used as the card base here:
- I dug out what was left of the retiring In Colours, so these are colours you can't buy any more, but perhaps you have some leftovers, too! In this case, I used Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana as the background panel.
- I had only a small amount of the Something Borrowed left over from the Occasions Catalogue. Again it is retired and you can't order it anymore, but I'll bet you have some of it in your craft room, and if you have small pieces, this is the ideal project for them. You can copy this design with any colour cardstock and matching DSP you want, really.
- I used one new item and that is the Triple Banner Punch to make the flagged ends in the banners. I tried out the two biggest widths on the punch 2" and 1 1/2" for these banners.
- Finally, I used up some old embellishments, the Rosette Trim from the Artisan Embellishment kit in the Occasions Catalogue and the Something Borrowed Embellishments. You can no longer order these either, but this is a good way to use up your leftovers!
- I stamped the greeting from the Petite Pairs Stamp Set in Sahara Sand ink.
Here's a piece of good news! If you join my team in June you will get your choice of two free stamp sets in your Starter Kit! That's on top of the already great deal you get when you join Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator! Normally, you get $155 worth of any current product you want for only $125, but with this promotion, you can add on up to $120 depending which stamp sets you chose. (A few stamp sets in the Annual Catalogue are worth $60 or more!)
"Why would I want to join Stampin' Up!?" you ask.
And my reply is, "Why would you NOT want to join Stampin' Up!?"
If you had planned to spend over $100 on all the new and awesome products in the new Annual Catalogue, then you should sign up. You have nothing to lose and lots to gain. You can get your products at a minimum 20% discount! You can join a network of wonderful people who love to do what you love to do! You can have early access to new products! You can earn stamp sets and MONEY! If you don't want to sell and you don't make your minimum for the quarter, you simply drop. You can sign up again at any time with the same up line, and if you are a dropped demonstrator, we welcome you back! In fact this is a pretty great deal to get back in!
If you want to give this a try, go to the top menu and click on Join My Team and follow the prompts, or do the same here:
Or you can contact me with your phone number, and I'll help you through the process. Will you be the next member of my Papercraft Cat team and earn two free stamp sets?? I hope so!