1. It was my oldest daughter's anniversary today and I totally forgot all about it! I could tell you a long story about how I was so busy this year that I didn't have time to transfer all the events from the 2012 calendar to the 2013 one, but it's no excuse and I know I need to embrace the disgrace and offer apologies to my daughter and son-in-law for inexcusable event forgetting!
2. I had not yet entered the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #165 as I had been intending, and the deadline is tomorrow so I had to get the card made and entered right away. I know I don't always enter this challenge, but I really liked the sketch this time and wanted to give it a go.
So to make amends: Here is my Sunday post - a card for my daughter's anniversary using the Pals Paper Arts sketch, and using some products from the new 2013 Holiday Mini Catalogue! Phew!
- I used the Walk in the Wild stamp set which is from the regular catalogue, but it's just perfect for a hunting theme. The Cherry Cobbler ink really matches the DSP.
- The Design Series Paper you're looking at is called Season of Style and is found in the Holiday Mini on page 23!
- I'm loving the 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon that you see here and it was so easy to cut with my pinking shears to get the zigzag bottom edge without fraying!
- I brought out my Memorable Moments stamp set, which I've had for awhile, but never used, for the greeting. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get all the words placed just right. If you've never used one, try watching my video tutorial to get the idea.
- A few Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots mounted on the Candy Dot Brad Bases add the finishing touches.
Okay, I hope I've redeemed myself now, and I will do the guest stamper thing and Convention loot another day this week! Thanks for dropping by.
Stamps: Walk in the Wild (w130354; c130357); Memorable Moments (w132039; c126682)
Paper: Season of Style DSP (132340)*; Crumb Cake (120953) and Very Vanilla (101650) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Cherry Cobbler (126966), Early Espresso (126974) and Crumb Cake (126975)
Accessories: 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon (132140)*; Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots (130932) - as part of the Regals collection, Candy Dot Brad Bases (132293)
Tools: Circles Collection Framelits (130911); Big Shot (113439)
*from the Holiday Mini Catalogue 2013, not available for purchase until August 1, 2013
Circles Collection Framelits
Regals Collection Candy Dots
Candy Dot Brad Bases
Walk in the Wild Stamp Set
Memorable Moments Stamp Set