You're right! It was my August Paper Pumpkin! Usually, I have a hard time getting to play with them because of all the other designing and class preparation I have to do, but tonight, after a long afternoon and evening cutting my first Christmas Stamper's Dozen projects of the year, I still had a blog post to do and no project to show you. I was just too tired after three days of VBS every morning, to start a new card and I was at a loss knowing what to do! Then my eye caught sight of that bright orange package on my desk, and I thought, "Aha! I'll do My Paper Pumpkin projects! Everything is all cut, easy and ready to go! Brilliant!"
So I'm going to show you the card that follows the directions given in the package, then I thought I would show you some alternative projects that step it up a bit! Here's the intended card:
- Isn't that cute? I'd be happy to give that to someone special to me! In fact, my daughter Kristen loves biking, so it would be perfect for her.
- I love the little honeycomb stick-on borders in Crushed Curry!
- And this is a colour palette I'm going to use again: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Baked Brown Sugar and Raspberry Ripple!
Now here's another card, using most of the same components, but in a different way:
- I changed colour on the stamps, used the border stickers vertically, and added a couple of extra elements.
- I used the water stain stamp from the very first Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit on some Whisper White cardstock in Bermuda Bay, stamped off once or twice, then stamped the bicycle in Baked Brown Sugar. I sponged the edge with Bermuda Bay ink.
- I punched it out using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and die cut a matte from Raspberry Ripple cardstock using the Window Frames Collection Framelits. I popped the whole thing up on Dimensionals.
Here's the next one:
- I think this one might be my favourite! I got out the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and stuck with just two colours, Crushed Curry and Baked Brown Sugar to give a more monochromatic look! LOVE Gorgeous Grunge!
And here's the last one:
- I used my Honeycomb Embossing Folder to add a little texture to the bottom of the card.
- I added another image from Gorgeous Grunge behind the bike to give the impression of motion.
- I stamped the sentiment flag on a spare scrap of Whisper White, cut it out and popped it up on Dimensionals.
- Three Bermuda Bay Candy Dots complete the design!
I honestly enjoyed myself creating these four cards and it only took half an hour at the most! And the cards are so cute! My Paper Pumpkin is the greatest solution for those who want a little time each month to craft, but don't have time, space or money to do more! It's also great for people like me, who enjoy a quick, little project that I didn't have to totally make up by myself once in a while.
You should definitely give this a try. It's a subscription service and each month, sometime after the 10th of each month, a package is delivered right to your door for $24.95 plus tax. But hold on a moment....if you sign up for My Paper Pumpkin before August 31, 2013, you can get your first two months at half price!! That's $12.50 plus tax!
You go to the link above, and click Sign Up. Make sure to click on Add Promotion Code and type in PUMPKINDEAL to take part in the discount. Also, after adding all your info, make sure you choose me as your demonstrator! If I get a few more subscribers, I will start coming up with alternative projects like this every month for you! Great deal and so fun!