The last photo is of Jennifer Jones, the skip of the Canadian Women's Curling Team who became the first women's team to go through to Olympic gold undefeated!
In honour of the games today, I created a card for Pals Paper Arts Challenge #192. Here's the sketch:
- I guess I should have made it red and black, but Crisp Cantaloupe is such a favourite of mine that it's hard to resist. I'm also enamoured with Sweet Sorbet DSP and Sweet Sorbet accessories. I'm always reaching for them and they really make me smile!
- The sketch is a simple one and I thought that the Happy Day stamp set would give a perfect but simple message for the design.
- Not sure about the cork stickers from the Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack, but once on, they won't come off, so there it is! No, seriously, they are very cute and add a great touch to the card!
- I used the Banners Framelits to cut the Basic Black flag. I had originally layered a Summer Starfruit banner on top of it, but removed it because it competed with the main image due to it's brightness.
- I picked up the Coastal Cabana in the DSP with a little Coastal Cabana coloured twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack.
- Both the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper, and the Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack can be earned free during Sale-A-Bration. When you place a minimum $60 order (before tax and shipping), you can choose one item from the Sale-A-Bration brochure free!
How did your country do in the Winter Olympics? Did you enjoy watching the athletes compete? Let me know with a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!