Remember that weekend visit by all my grandkids that I was going to update you on today? Yeah, well, it's still the weekend, apparently, according to one of my daughters! Which is okay with me. I'll take all the grandma time I can get! But I'll wait until tomorrow to get some photos loaded once the gang has all headed home. I managed to squeeze in some crafting time today and turned to a unique Mojo Monday sketch for inspiration. I have been wanting to use my new Vintage Leaves Stamp Set for a while now, so I decided to turn the sketch into an autumn card for Mojo Monday Challenge #410:
Here's how it turned out:
- I was thinking of turning the circle and the circular frame in the sketch into leaf shapes, but I couldn't think of a way of creating a frame with the leaf shape, and I think this sketch needs the same shape as a solid shape and as a frame. Then I decided to back the leaf shapes with a circle of corrugated paper and a circular frame of the same, using the Circle Collection Framelits.
- For the flag, I used the Natural Chevron Ribbon behind all the shapes.
- The Vintage Leaves Stamp set coordinates with the Leaflet Framelits, which means I could stamp those autumn leaves and die cut them as well to eliminate all the fussy cutting.
- The background wood design is from the Farmer's Market Designer Series Paper. It makes the perfect base for the rest of the card.
- Once again, I used strands from the Burlap Ribbon to add a little more texture to the circular frame. The sentiment is from the Timeless Love stamp set and it is diecut with the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits.
And Tuesday means more Weekly Deals:
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!